Saturday, February 28, 2009

Procrastination

I am in the middle of a time of frustration. I am trying to study for my Biology test and I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall. So what do I do? I sit down and put pencil to paper and write about it. I find this helps me get some of the anger out. So here is my poem.

Studying

Notecards scattered over the desk,
Staring back at me.
Mockingly.

My brian curled up in the corner.
Rocking back and forth.
Scared.

I pace the room.
I am a child again.
Playing.

I pick up the square.
Force it into the hole.
Circle.

It just won't fit.
Square in circle.
Failure.

Notecards won't give me what I need.
Information for the test.
Failure.

I continue to jam the information into my brain.
Square in circle. I will triumph yet.
Maybe.

February 28, 2009
Kayla Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.