Monday, February 23, 2009

New Idea

Ok, so I am really getting bored with just putting up what has happened during the day with me, and I'm sure that you are too. So I have decided to put up an old poem and then the next day I will try to edit it somehow. Even if it is just a word here and there. This will not only help with my writing skills, but maybe perhaps help you see what it is like to truly write. So for today I will just post an old poem. *goes to find an old poetry book*

Here goes. 
The first poems I will do will be from when I was in 7th grade. I didn't put dates on my poetry then so I will not know exactly when I wrote these, but I do know I was about 13 or 14 when I wrote them. I think I will just go in order.

Friendship

Friendship is a ship that sails on Life's ocean,
And the passengers are the friends.
Somedays the waves are very calm,
And other days the waves are choppy.

The ship sails across the sea,
With friends who keep holding on.
When times become tough,
The friends work together.

There is no end to Life's ocean,
Although there are some harbors.
On some harbors some friends get on,
On other harbors some friends get off.

There are some friends that always stay on board,
Those are the ones to hold on to. 

Kayla Goodwin

I do believe this will be an interesting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.