Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pink lemondae, poetry, and editing.

Well last night Cait and I swapped novels for us to read them through and fix any tense errors and such. I am almost done with hers and she has been done with mine. I hope that it doesn't suck. Hers is really good. So anyway here is today's entry.


Underneath

This mask you see is not the true me.
Yet is is not the only one that I wear.
You think you know what is really underneath,
But the masks don't show what is really there.

Underneath this mask is the real me.
Underneath is everything my heart chases.
Underneath lies the way I think life should be;
Who I am, the things I desire, the things I admire.


Maybe one day you will be able to lift this mask off my face.
I will learn how to embrace,
Myself, the world and you.
Underneath this mask, you'll find the real true me.

Kayla Goodwin
Revised: July 21, 2009

This next poem I guess I couldn't come up with a name for so I just titled it Poem #300. I guess as long as it has a title of some form it is fine.


Poem #300

When you leave this world, your life leaves a little something behind.
Leave a memory or two for those to those to remember you.

When you die don't make it hard for them to say good-bye.
When you die, let them remember your smile so maybe they won't cry.

Kayla Goodwin
Original: No Date

Well that does it for today. Until next time, keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.