Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day of reading

Today has been nothing but mainly reading. But here is my post for the day. I have to say I have been doing pretty good lately with keeping on top of this. I have to say I need to pat myself on the back.


Poem #300

When you leave this world,
Your life leaves a little something behind.
Leave a memory or two for those you love,
In order to remember you.

When you die, make it less hard,
For them when they say good-bye.
Let them remember your smile,
So that tears won't flow as hard.

Kayla Goodwin
Revised: July 22, 2009

Well I apparently was going through a short poem phase. This next one is short. I love the simplicity I had at this age. I thought things were still just black and white. I didn't see the gray in life. This poem is an example of that.

Perfect Love

Don't strive for perfection. It's not what it is cut out to be.
Instead love them for who they are and for the traits that no eye can see.

Don't try to change what they are, the things they are deep down inside.
For if you already love them then why would you want to change what keeps them alive?

Kayla Goodwin
Original: February 12, 2009

Until next time.. just keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.