Monday, January 26, 2009

Humdrum Monday

Well today started with me lying in bed thinking how nice the covers were. I finally got up and went to class. When I got there,however, I learned that class was cancelled. Bummer. So I came home read about 20 pages before my eyes started to get heavy, and took a nap. Grandma and Grandpa came over and ate lunch with us. After they left I read the rest of my book and now I am reading Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. It is good. I actually started it this past summer, but then Caitlin got me into the Artemis Fowl series and I put it down. So I picked it up again. I am watching True Beauty right now. I usually don't like reality tv shows, but this one is pretty cool. 
 
So with that out of the way here is my creative writing for the day. 

January 20, 2009
A Historic Day

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
Those words spoken over 4 decades ago, have now finally come true.
Now we hear words in an inaugural speech that reflect back to that very day. 

"This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed - 
Why men
and women
and children of every race
and every faith
can join in celebration across this magnificent Mall"

How historic this day is.
That forty-five years later,
Our nation has joined together and looked past our differences.
Now we stand looking past what is different and find what is familiar in each of us. 

We leave behind the past, and move forward with our future. 
We are a nation of not one type of people,
But of all types of people,
Yet we have come together.

So let us remember this historic day,
Let it never fade from our minds. 
Let us pass on the significance of this day to the new generations.
So that Mr. King's dream may forever live on. And that Obama's historic role will never be forgotten. 
Kayla Goodwin 1-26-09











No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.