Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Angel at home with the Lord

This is not going to be a normal post for me. I  feel as if I need to tell the world about a very dear girl who went to see her Lord yesterday afternoon at 4:15. She was 12 and died from Rhabdomyosarcoma, a muscle cancer. She was a blessing to all who knew her. I got the privilege to be a part of the Hand bell team at my church this Christmas and she was also there. She was at almost every practice and she made us all smile, either because she just said something very funny or because she was smiling. That girl had some kind of spirit. One that makes me rethink things when I feel bad. 

This girl is so amazing. She went through watching her mother fight Breast cancer and then watched as her mother lost the battle. Then a few months after loosing her mother, Megan was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma. She never stopped smiling though. On May 4, 2009 my town held a day dedicated solely to her. People gathered at the elementary school and walked to the public square. There were hundreds of people in the parade, me included, and then when we arrived at the square there were even more people on the square. All you could see was blue, her favorite color.Many people were wearing "Team Megan" shirts. I can only say that I am glad God blessed this community with such a lovely girl. May we always remember to wear a smile and find joy even in the toughest times. I will never forget that girl. She was so sweet. 

I have included some links. The first is her caringbridge site (This is where her family posted so everyone who was praying could keep up with how she was doing.) The next is a link to an article in the local newspaper  about Megan. 

I really don't know what else to say. I just know that Megan is at home and at peace. She is with her mother and they are most likely playing a game of softball. 
God Bless the Brittain family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.