Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo

I am sorry that it has been so long since I updated. I have been really busy lately and I am only adding fuel to the fire this month. Why? Well the answer is simple. It is November and this year is the first year that I am taking part in NaNoWriMo. What is NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month. Every year thousands of people sign up and dedicate themseleves to take on the project of writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.
Are we nuts? Maybe. Do we all need to be placed in insane asylums? I don't think so. Will we all get published? Most likely not. So what is the point? The point is to do your best and have fun. It is not just about writing it is about putting your literary abilities to the test. It is about trying your hardest to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It may seem impossible, but it is not. Many have accomplished it over the years and I hope to be a "winner" this year. Even if I don't win it will still be a nice experience.

Now for those of you who want to know how many words I have so far here is my word count: 15,452. The goal for today is 16,670. As you can see I am well on my way.
I really didn't start until Friday so in the past 4 days I have done over 15,000 words. In fact in 2 days I did 12,000
words. Needless to say I was very happy with myself.

Well it is almost time for Biology to start. Which makes me even more insane for trying to do this while being a collge student.
I feel I am up to the challenge however.
So to all of you I say: Happy NaNoWriMo!

Oh and here is a link to my profile page so you can learn about the novel I am working on.
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/587769

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.