Saturday, November 21, 2009

Playing catch up.

This Thanksgiving I will be grateful for time to play catch up on NaNoWriMo. I currently have 23,793 words. If I want to be on track I need to have 36,674 words by Sunday. I am aiming for 30K. If I can get that then I think I can easily catch up and pass what I need on my daily goals this week. I have no class this week. I will be starting to work on Thursday as I farm sit, but that will not take up but a few hours every day. I will be writing like crazy this Thanksgiving holiday. It will be great. I Think Thursday will go something like this. Get up, go to the farm, come home and get clean, go to the McFall's Thanksgiving feast at Asberry, then come home and crash for a while. I will then get up and write till my fingers can no longer take it. I shall get a lot done.

Saturday will be insane. I have to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast for my Mom's side of the family's Thanksgiving. (Yes Cracker Barrel. Not your normal Thanksgiving food, but still yummy.)
Then I will come home for about 5 hours and write. Then I have to go to my great uncle's retirement party. Maybe I will be done with the 50K words by Saturday. Who knows. It would be great.

Either way I am going to take this 1,000 words at a time. If I focus on 1,000 words at once then it doesn't seem so daunting. :) I am aiming for 25K today. Tomorrow I will try to get in another 5K. I might get more than 25K tonight. I will just have to see how it goes.

So I shall leave you now. My characters are calling for me from their jail cell. Yep my book started out in a jail cell and now my main character is there once again. I love this story. Even I am surprised at where it is going to end. Not totally sure how the loose ends will be weaved in (notice the knitting metaphor there?) but I will find a way.

Until next time.... Keep those blank pages from just sitting there. Write something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.