Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Week gone by so fast

I am so sorry for waiting a week before posting again. I am NOT going to revise the last poem. I am instead going to put up some newer poems. All of these are coming from my CURRENT poetry notebook.

Broken Glass

Glass shatters at my feet,
Bittersweet aroma wafts upward.

I sweep away the fragments,
And think of you following behind him.

Slowly I watch history repeat,
Will you realize before it's to late?

I watch you sip away,
I watch as you slowly slip away.

Broken glass at my feet,
I sweep them up.

Broken glass at my feet,
I'm to afraid to touch it.

Broken glass at my feet,
I might get hurt.

Glass shattered at my feet,
Bittersweet memories waft upward.

Kayla Goodwin
July 26, 2009

Moving Forward

I just want to know why our love failed so badly.
I just want to know why our love failed at all.

Sitting in the corner,
I watch as the world passes me by.
I don't feel like I once did.
I don't feel the same without you.

Why did our love have to fail?
I thought it would last forever.

Sitting in the corner,
You can't see my tears.
They fall down my checks,
But you won't see them.

Our love my have failed, but I don't care.
I will just continue to move forward.

Kayla Goodwin
July 22, 2009

This next poem was inspired one day by watching the rain on the window of my biology class. It was the first time that I ever wrote a poem about rain without it being melancholy.



Beautiful Damp Day

Brilliant bursts of sunlight glisten unbroken
Past the impenetrable, ebony, celestial puffs.

They radiate through moist droplets on my windowpane,
Making the dullness outside seem less ghastly.

The separate droplets race down the slippery glass,
Slowly they merge and form one long strand.

Unlike the previous times of gloomy weather,
The beauty has gracefully entered into my mind's eyes.

Oh, how did I miss such a sight before?
Such beauty in such a dark period.

I shall never forget this day.
This beautiful, nice day. The day when

Brilliant bursts of sunlight glistened unbroken
Past the impenetrable, ebony, celestial puffs, and

Radiated through moist droplets on my windowpane and
Made the dullness outside seem less ghastly.

Kayla Goodwin
February 2, 2009

Well I guess that does it for now. Until next time... keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.