Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Counting down the days

I am counting down the days until Christmas and till my 20th birthday.

So first I will start with Christmas:
The last couple of years I have gotten into the giving mood. I love to get presents, don't get me wrong, but I LOVE giving them. This year I made most of the gifts that I am giving. In fact all but one were hand made. The only one that wasn't was the one for my parents, but that one is one that I know will get used a lot and it is something they really needed. I have given 2 gifts already. They were Leighton and Cait's gifts. They both loved their scarves. Cait's was shorter, becasue she doesn't like really long scarves, but I made Leighton's longer, because she seems to like that kind. Both really loved them and I have seen Cait with hers on and it makes me smile.

I still have to give Mimi her wash cloths, Aaron his hat, and Danielle her present, but I am sure they will all love them. I can't wait to see Aaron react to his hat. We are not opening our gifts until Christmas morning. It changes each year when we open the "Santa" gifts depending on Mom's work schedule. This year she works till 3 on Christmas Eve, but on Christmas day she is off. So we opted for just opening the gifts on Christmas morning. Then we will go have lunch at Mimi's. We will then play dirty santa.

The 26th we are going to my cousin's house. Cason and his wife Jessica are fixing breakfast and we will then play dirty santa also. Another cool thing is that tonight will most likely be spent scanning pictures. We got both my Mimi and my grandmother and grandpa a digital picture frame for Christmas. So we will be loading them up with pictures tonight.

So now onto my birthday:
My birthday is next Tuesday. I will be turning 20. I was going to have a party, but now I have opted for spending time with Leighton and Danielle as much as possible. I only get to see Danielle every 6 months or so and Leighton is about to go down to Orlando, so there is no telling how long it will be until I see her again. I am hoping to go see a movie or something maybe on my birthday with some friends. I have decided that is what I want most. Now I just need to figure out what is playing that I would want to go all the way to Oxford to see. I hope there is something good on.

Well now I think I will sit and read. I love being out of school. Even though it isn't that long of a break, it is still plenty of time for me to read.
Hopefully I will put pictures up from Christmas after all the craziness.
so Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful that you have taken time out of your busy day and read my blog. I am also thankful that you decided to leave me a comment. If you have a blog I will try to find time to visit it. Thanks.